Norton antivirus software is known for protecting your device’s health and data that is present on your working device. It builds a defensive fortress against the vulnerable virus, malware, and Trojans that can harm your data and devices. The Norton antivirus blocks the virus invasion that can travel from downloading the files and other folders. However, sometimes the Smart Firewall also blocks certain programs that are in need to access via the Internet.
There is much more you need to understand about this feature in which firewall blocks the programs and files that are downloaded from the web browsers. We do need such files that are present online need to be accessed and we cannot access them just because they have been blocked by the firewall. These programs or files might include some valuable streaming media files, network games, or the custom business apps that are provided to you. This article is all about the instructions to access the blocked programs while using Norton antivirus without interruptions. So let us take the discussion further!
What are the steps to allow a blocked program?
If you wish to access the blocked programs by the Norton antivirus software, then you have to follow the steps that are given below:
Read Also >> World of Dark Web: Good versus Evil
- First of all, you need to start the Norton application.
- If you see the “My Norton” window on-screen, the next step is to go to the “Device security” option.
- After this, you have to tap on the “Open” button.
- In the Norton main window, you have to click on the “Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Firewall” option in the “Settings” window.
- Select the program that you want to allow with internet access on the Program control tab.
- Click on the “Allow” option in the access drop-down list for the program entry.
- Tap on the “Apply” option.
- Follow the instructions carefully till the time the process gets completed.
Point to remember:
It is set by default that the Norton firewall automatically configured the Internet access settings for the web-enabled programs the first time when they run. The moment a program tries to access the Internet for the first time, the Automatic program control creates the rules for it. Remember, if you want to know the internet access settings for your programs or the files to access then you can turn off the Automatic control in the Norton. The moment a program tries to access the Internet initially; you will get an alert prompt on your screen to configure the access settings.
How to turn off the Norton automatic program control?
To do this, there are few steps that you have to follow, which are described below:
- First of all, you have to start the Norton application.
- If you see the “My Norton window” option then click on the “Open” button.
- Tap on the “Settings” option in the Norton main window.
- After this, you have to click on the Firewall that is visible in the Settings window.
- Now, tap on the “Advanced Program Control” option that is present in the “Firewall settings” window.
- Go to the Automatic Program control row.
- Move the on/off switch to turn off.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this topic, we are hoping that you can now allow the blocked programs while using Norton antivirus. However, you can always visit the official Norton website i.e. norton.com/setup and get assistance from the professional experts available on the website to assist you with the best possible alternatives if you get stuck.