If you are using the Norton antivirus software then you need to know there is an autoblock feature enabled in the software itself. This feature is present to stop or block all the traffic that is visible between the device in your network and any other computer or connected device that attempts to exploit the device. You can specify the period for which you wish that your Norton product blocks the connection from attacking or invading your devices. It is important to acknowledge that the Norton products block these attacking invasions for 30 minutes of inactivity.
Remember, if the Norton AutoBlock builds a defensive fortress or walls a computer or file that you need to access, then you need to remove or turn off the AutoBlock feature so that you can easily access the same. Here in this article, we will elaborate on how to turn off and on the AutoBlock feature by Norton i.e. norton.com/setup whenever there is a need. So, let us get to it and understand how to do it!
What are the steps to turn off or turn on the Autoblock feature with Norton?
In order to turn off and turn on the Autoblock feature with Norton without any interruptions then you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you have to start the Norton or launch the application on your devices.
- Remember, if you see the “My Norton” window that is next to the “Device security” tab, tap on the “Open” button.
- Now, go to the Norton main window and click on the “Settings” option.
- After this, visit the settings window and tap on the “Firewall or Network” option.
- Click on the Intrusion and browser protection tab to proceed.
- Under this section, click on the “ Configure” that is under the intrusion Autoblock row.
- Just go to the “Intrusion AutoBlock” window, that is under the “AutoBlock” and do as follows :
- To turn off the Intrusion Autoblock, you have to click on the “Off” button.
- To turn on the Intrusion Autoblock, you have to click on the “On” button, and after this, go to the AutoBlock attacking computers for the drop-down list.
- Just select how long you wish to turn on the Autoblock feature by Norton.
- After this, go to the Intrusion Autoblock window, tap on the “Ok” option.
- Now, in the end, you have to go to the “Settings” window and click on the “Close” window.
Read Also >> How to check the authentic level of a file with Norton antivirus?
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that through this article, you will get to learn the essential steps, instructions, and guidelines to turn off and switch on the Autoblock feature in Norton. It is very essential to understand that this feature plays an important role while accessing the connected or secured computers and the files within them. If you still have queries related to the topic then it is suggested to visit the official website and get assistance for the same by the professional experts available online to assist you with the best possible solutions to resolve your concerns related to the topic.