It is now possible with the Norton antivirus solution that you can check the authenticity of a file that you have downloaded online. It is important to acknowledge that the Norton insight software tells you the reputation of the files of your interest that are downloaded online on your computer.
You can also view the trust level of the downloaded file through its resource usage and the source of the existence of the file. Through this article, you will get to learn the basic essentials that you can use with Norton insights that are an in-built feature with Norton antivirus.
So, let us know more about Norton antivirus software and the procedure to check the authentic level of a file with Norton antivirus.
Point to understand:The Norton antivirus software displays the File insights, an option that enables you to check the authenticity of the downloaded file or the file you are going to download online. In the Windows safe mode, you will not be able to access the option for any of the files. Remember, Norton also categorizes any of the files for which you have opened the “File Insight” window to view the details of the file that you are going to download on your devices.
Elaborated steps to check the trust level of a file with Norton
In order to check the authenticity of the file that is downloaded, all you need to do is to go to the File insight window and you can then update the trust level of the file whether it is manually downloaded or via an online platform. You just need to follow the instructions in order that are given below:
Read Also >> How to move the Norton license to another device in use?
- First of all, you have to start Norton, if you see the “My Norton” window that is next to the Device security then tap on the Open button.
- Go to the Norton main window and then double-tap on the “Security”, after which you have to click on the “Scans” option.
- After this, you have to go to the “Scans” window and select the Norton Insight and then click on the “Go” option.
- All you need to do after this step, is to go to the Norton Insight window and view the file’s details or you can perform the following actions:
- If you wish to find the location or the source of the file then you have to tap on the “Locate” option.
- Click on the “Trust Now” to manually trust the file in the “Details” tab. Remember, you can also manually trust the files that are unproven or cannot be trusted.
- You have to click on the “Close” option.
How to check the authentic or trust level of a particular file with Norton?
If you wish to check the trust level of a specific file with Norton antivirus then you can follow the steps that are given below:
- You have to start the Norton or you have to launch the application on your devices.
- Remember, if you see the “My Norton” window that is next to the “Device security” then you have to tap on the “Open” option.
- After this, you have to go to the Norton main window and double tap on the “Security” and tap on the “Scans” button.
- Now, you have to go to the Scans window and then select the “Norton Insight” and click on the “Go” option.
- You will now see the Norton window, just click on the “Check a specific file” option.
- Just go to the location of the file for which you have to check the details of the file.
- Now, select the file and then tap on the “Open” button.
- You have to go to the “File Insight” window and view the details of the file.
- Just tap on the “Close” option.
Hopefully, the information provided in this article has helped you with the process to check the authenticity of the trust level (using Norton) of a file that you are going to download online. Conversely, if you have any confusion related to the topic then you can visit the official Norton support website and get assistance for the same from the professional experts and technicians available.