With the introduction of Norton 360 of norton.com/setup in the market, Norton has gained popularity among the antivirus software solutions. It has become the preference of the many because of its proactive threat protection feature, automatic backup technology along with computer tune-up tools. These features help our systems threat-free by safeguarding our essential data on the computer. On top of that, it also optimizes the performance of your PC.
With the subscription of Norton 360 which is part of “Norton setup” comes the “Always Up-To-Date” feature and this automatically installs on your computer. But this feature sometimes annoys the user because they wish to update their software menu or they are happy with the non-updated version of the software. One should not panic in this situation as the auto-update feature can be easily turned off by following a simple procedure. In the following section, you will find the procedure for disabling the same.
Steps to turn-off Auto-Update feature of Norton 360
Follow the steps given below in case you do not want Norton 360 to download the updates on its own. The steps are as follows:
- First of all, turn on your device and locate the icon of the Norton 360 application.
- Tap on the icon to open it and then hit the option that reads as “Settings” or tap on the “gear” icon which is a symbol for the settings.
- After this, tap on the “updates” option from the menu which is present on the left side.
- Here you will find an option named “Automatic LiveUpdate” along with a switch present next to it. You have to drag this switch from the “On” towards the “Off” position.
- Once you drag the switch, click on the “Apply” option.
- In the next step, tap on the option that says, “Security Request”. Here you can choose the duration for which you would like to keep the feature disabled.
- After marking your choice, hit the “OK” button followed by tapping on the “ok” option once again at the “settings” tab. This will save the changes that you have made for the “Auto-Update” feature.
- In the end, restart your computer so that changes are made completely.
This is how you can easily get rid of the issue of Norton 360 updating on its own.
To sum up
You can easily enable this feature if in future you change your mind. It is good to have the updated versions of the software downloaded on the computer as you need the latest technology to fight against the latest threats. In case your software is troubling you, then you may uninstall it and reinstall Norton 360 again via www.norton.com/setup because it is a part of the Norton setup.