When you install a Norton security product on your device, you get an option to add an exception at the time when it’s needed. Norton products like Norton Internet Security and Norton Family features both enables you to add site exceptions when you browse the internet.
The Norton Family website, which you can access through the Norton Family section, enables you to manage your family’s security while browsing the internet. Norton Family which functions on having a Parental control helps you to manage your family’s privacy by blocking the access to websites that contain suspicious content.
However, you can enable access to a specific website even if it comes under the ‘Norton- Blocked’ website category. You can do this, by adding the websites to the ‘Allowed list’. Moreover, you can also add a site exception for an application that needs to access the Internet such as VoIP application.
How can you add a Program Exception to the Firewall security feature?
To add a Program Exception to Norton you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to open the Norton internet security app via norton.com/setup, and then you have to click on the ‘Settings’ tab in order to open the ‘Settings’ window.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Network’ tab and then select the ‘Smart Firewall’, and then select the ‘Program Rules’ option.
- In this step, you have to click on the ‘Add’ option and then hover to the program that you want to add as an exception.
- Now, select the program to open the ‘Security Alert Window.
- Click on the ‘Options’ menu and then select the ‘Allow Always’ option and then click on the ‘OK’ option.
- In the final step, you need to click on the ‘Apply’ option and then click on the ‘OK’ for allowing the exception through the firewall feature.
How can you add a site exception to the Norton Family application?
In order to add a site exception to Norton Family application, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to launch the Norton Internet security application and then click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘General’ section and then click and select the ‘Other Settings’ in the Windows pane.
- In this step, you have to click on the ‘Norton Family’ option and then you have to visit the website norton.com/setup secured by Norton Family application.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Sign in’ option and then enter the credentials associated with your Norton account via norton.com/setup.
- Select the account that you wish to edit and then select the ‘Web’ option.
- Click on the ‘Specific Websites to allow’ option and then enter the URL on the space provided as the ‘Website field’.
- In the last and final step, you have to click on the ‘Add to Lost’ option and then add the websites and finally click on the ‘Save’ option.
Norton builds a wall against malware and viruses along with the sites that have suspicious content and are capable enough to harm your data and device. However, there are some sites that need to be accessed sometimes. For this, you need to add site exceptions on your browser. With Norton, it is possible to do so. The article above has already discussed the steps to add exceptions, in case you still have issues, you can get it to touch with Norton customer support, available on its official website norton.com/setup.