Norton 360 deluxe is software developed by Norton with high-end security features combined with the latest technology to fight against future threats. The software can be considered as a one-stop solution to protect your device which means that it provides all-round safety from the upcoming viruses, spyware, malware and other online attacks that may harm your computer. No matter which device you are using, you can protect multiple devices from a single platform.
Moreover, if you are using Norton 360, you get the advantage to move from one device to another. The most enduring quality of this software is that it can locate the lost or stolen devices easily. You can have this software on your device by navigating to norton.com/setup and install it hassle-free. But sometimes it doesn’t install so easily because of the pre-installed Wi-Fi Privacy or a secure VPN. To fix this installation problem, you need to first uninstall any pre-installed Norton software and then install Norton 360 deluxe again.
Walkthrough to fix error while installing Norton
There are certain pre-requisites that you must follow before installing any software on your device. One of them is cleaning out junk files and also uninstalling the same software that already exists on your device. The two steps that you need to follow in this walkthrough are discussed below:
Step 1- uninstall any pre-existing software
- To do this, first of all, tap on the icon of Norton Wi-Fi Privacy or Norton Secure VPN.
- After this, click on “Windows + R keys”. This will open the “Run” dialog box.
- Now, enter “appwiz.cpl” in that dialog box and hit the “Enter” key.
- From here, select the program you want to remove and click on it.
- Now, tap on the “Uninstall” button and follow some on-screen prompts to uninstall it completely.
Step 2- Download and install Norton 360 Deluxe
- The first thing you need to do is sign-in to your Norton account by using your registered credentials.
- When the “Get Started” page appears on your screen, click on the “Download” button present next to “Norton 360 Deluxe”.
- Now, enter the product key in the given field.
- After this hit the (>) option.
- When a message saying “To start your subscription, enter your billing information and product key at norton.com/enroll” appears on your screen you have to go through the guide which you got inside your product packaging.
- Afterward, click the “Agree and Download” option.
- Here, click on the “Run” button depending on your web browser.
- Tap on “Continue” when the User Account Control window appears for your Norton product installation.
Finally, you can start using your Norton product i.e. Norton 360 deluxe on your compatible device. If you are facing errors while doing so, you may contact the experts. You may also navigate to the support page of Norton and go through different blogs dedicated to resolving the issues of the users.
Read related official solution – Fix problems with Norton installation taking a long time or stops responding