Norton 360 of norton.com/setup has gone through many updates since its introduction and has always provided users with the latest features. The latest features are made available so that the users can fight against the most recent virus and threats. To use these features one needs to update his Norton 360 software so that they can stay up-to-date with the threat-removal technology.
Recently many users of Norton 360 have reported of encountering error 3038, 104 while updating their software. The error usually occurs at the time of the software update. One should not worry in this situation, as facing any sort of error with your antivirus is a common issue. You can easily fix error 3038, 104 if you follow the right procedure for it.
The right procedure includes a three-step method which needs to be followed carefully. The first step includes cleaning out junk files from your device. Secondly you have to run Norton LiveUpdate and in the end, you have to run Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Also: Protect your digital freedom with Norton 360
Ways to get rid of Norton 360 error 3038, 104
Since there are multiple reasons behind the occurrence of this error including corrupt download and incomplete installation of software, you need to clean out junk files from your computer device.
Step 1-Clean Junk files
- First of all, you need to type “command” in the search box.
- After this, press the “Ctrl” and “Shift” keys altogether and hit the “enter” key.
- Now a permission dialog box will appear which requires you to press the “Yes” option.
- When a black colored box appears, type “cleanmgr” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now a list will appear with checkboxes in the Disk Cleanup dialog box.
- Check the boxes against “Temporary Files” which you want to clean.
- In the end, tap on the “OK” option to save changes.
Step 2- Run LiveUpdate
- Click on the Norton icon and open it.
- Now, click on the “security” tab followed by “LiveUpdate”.
- Once you click on this option, the LiveUpdate will run automatically.
- When it finishes running, hit the “OK” option.
- When you see the message that reads as “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates”, exit all the programs.
- Lastly, restart your PC to save the changes.
Step 3- Use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Prior to using it, you have to first download the tool on your device and then install it.
- Now click twice on the icon of Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Give your consent by clicking on the “I Agree” option after reading the license agreement.
- In this step, you have to click on “Remove & Reinstall” option to continue the process.
- After this, click on the “Continue or Remove” option as per your requirement.
- In the end, restart your computer to finish the process.
After making the necessary changes in your Norton product, you have to install your product once again via norton.com/setup. With this, we complete the procedure for fixing the Norton 360 error 3038, 104.