The Norton Power eraser is one of the powerful tools to remove the security risks that are not easy to remove. If a program is affected by malware and Trojans and you are facing difficulties in detecting or scanning and then removing those files then the Norton Power eraser will help you to remove all the files that are corrupted and may affect your device.
It is difficult to detect the crimeware or scareware that is used to trick you with unknown download threats on your device. It is important to acknowledge that the Norton Power Eraser includes the detection and the removal capabilities for the security risks that are fake antivirus software but mimic as legitimate apps and these applications are known as scareware, rogueware, or the scamware.
The tool uses the more powerful techniques than the Norton product and hence there is a risk that your genuine files will also get removed and you can review the scan results before removing the files and folder. The moment you scan or fix the threats, the Norton Power eraser creates the system restore point on your device.
If you have removed any essential files, then the Norton power eraser will enable you to restore all the files with the “Undo Previous Fix” option. This Norton tool lists the repair sessions where you can easily view and restore the essential files. Through this article, we will help you with the instructions to use the Norton Power eraser for scanning the computer and tracing the possible errors and corrupted files.
How to scan for corrupted files using the Norton Power eraser?
If you want to use the Norton Power eraser tool for scanning the affected files then here are the steps:
Read Also >> Walkthrough to join Norton Early Adopter Program
- First of all, you need to start the “Norton” window that is next to the “Device security” tab and then click on the “Open” button. Go to the Norton main window and double tap on the “Security” option and tap on the “Scans” button.
- In the “Scans” window, go under the “Norton power eraser and tap on the tool button.
- After this, you have to tap on the “Go” button.
- On the Norton Power Eraser window, just tap on the “OK” button.
- Just tap on the “Advanced scans” in the Norton Power eraser main window.
- You now have to tap on the “System scan” button.
- Just review the scan results and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the security risks detected.
We hope that by now you have got a clear picture about using the Norton Power Eraser for scanning your computer. However, if you still have queries related to the topic then we suggest you visit the official website i.e. norton.com/setup and get assistance for the topic in discussion. The Norton Power eraser tool is an essential tool that will help you to fix all the issues and errors related to the Norton Power Eraser.