There can be many antiviruses and other security software available in the market, which promise to provide you complete protection from virus, malware and other suspicious activities. It becomes difficult for the users to choose what the best antivirus which will suit their device. If you are in the same dilemma and facing difficulty to choose the apt antivirus for your device, then it is recommended to install Norton antivirus set up on your device. Norton is the most trusted and widely used antivirus across the globe. You can install Norton antivirus from its official website norton.com/setup.
Norton antivirus has won the trust of millions of users; however, being so prominent it does have some flaws and defects too. Such a defect is known as “Server Error” wherein a message will display on your screen, and then you will have no choice but to close the software. This error is the most recurring error which annoys the users and makes them frustrated.
This error might erase your valuable work files by creating a frustrating and helpless situation for the users. This article will help you to fix this error with the help of step by step procedure to fix “Norton server” error.
Step-by-step procedure to fix Norton server error (for Windows users)
If you are Windows users and you face the “Norton Server” Error, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to launch the “Norton” app.
- Then, you have to click on the notification area and then you have to click on the “Norton” icon.
- In this step, you need to click on the “Run” option for Live Update.
- Once your “Live Update” process is completed, you then need to click on the “ok” option.
- Now, run the “Live Update” until you see a message saying “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates” appearing on your screen.
- In the last step, you have to restart your system. Make sure you exit all the programs before you do so.
Note – In case, you face any issues in following the steps mentioned above, then you need to visit norton.com/setup to get in touch with the customer support.
Easy-to-follow steps to rectify “Norton- Server” Error (for Mac OS users)
If you are Mac OS users and you face the “Norton Server” Error, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to remove the license for your Mac software.
- For this, you need to first sign in to Norton account and then visit the device security page.
- Now, select the Mac device and then delete it.
- Click on the “Remove” option to remove the device confirmation window and then click on the “Done” option to complete the process.
- Now click on the option to “Activate Norton”.
- Now, follow the instructions on—screen to complete the activation process.
Follow the steps mentioned above to fix “Norton-Server” Error. However, if you are still unable to fix the error you can visit Norton’s Official website norton.com/setup to get connected to the Customer Support that is available via “live chat” or toll-free helpline number.