With Norton antivirus, you can stay protected from exploits, cybercrimes, and zero-day attacks. For those who do not know what a zero-day exploit is? It is a technique that is used by cybercriminals to perform malicious activities on your computer and by this; they try to breach your sensitive information.
Apart from slowing down your computer or causing programs to fail these techniques can reveal your data and the sensitive information to the cyber scammers.
Norton enables you to use its exploit prevention feature to protect application and files that are vulnerable to exploit attacks. When you install a Norton security product via norton.com/setup, you will get a Norton Exploit Prevention feature turned on which blocks the attacks against defenseless programs by closing them. You will see an “Attack blocked” notification when it shuts down a program and then provides the links related to the information about the attack.
What all you Should know about Exploit Prevention Feature?
With this feature, Norton enables the users to protect your computer from the recent zero-day attacks. You can turn on or off the individual techniques from the Settings window. However, the feature comes turned on by default.
Note: – It is recommended that you keep the Exploit Prevention turned on to build protection against the widest range of exploits.
The Exploit Prevention feature includes the programs mentioned below:-
• Java Process Protection technique
• Stack Pivot Detection program
• Remote DLL Injection Detection program
• The null Page Protection program
• Heap Spray Protection
• Structured Exception Handler Overwrite Protection program
• Data Execution Prevention Enforcement
• Memory Layout Randomization Enforcement
• Stack Execution Prevention
Note: To know more about the Norton Exploit Prevention feature, you can visit Norton’s official website that goes by the URL norton.com/setup.
Easy-to-follow steps to turn off or turn on the “Exploit Prevention” Feature
Before you proceed to know the steps to turn off or turn on the “Exploit Prevention” feature, you should be aware that your computer will be prone to exploits once you turn off the feature.
1. In the first step, you have to launch the Norton antivirus program by clicking on it.
2. In the second step, you have to click on the “Settings” option to proceed further.
3. In this step, you have to click on the Exploit Prevention that is visible in the settings window.
4. Now, move the On/Off switch to turn off or turn on the Exploit prevention feature.
5. You have to now click on the “Apply” option and then click on the Close option.
Note: – If you are still unable to turn off or turn on the Exploit prevention feature then you can visit Norton’s official website that goes by the URL norton.com/setup.
To sum up:
It is important to understand the benefits of using the “Exploit Prevention” feature, the steps to enable or disable the “Exploit Prevention” feature have been already discussed above, however, if you are unable to modify the settings of your security features then you can visit to the Norton official website that goes by the URL norton.com/setup.