Your Norton product which you have set up via www.norton.com/setup is a robust security solution provider that includes various features and services to offer its valuable customers. The security features include online backup software and an unlimited-data VPN service which is needed by many users. Its all-new features such as LifeLock identity protection is considered to be a one-stop solution to fulfill the user’s security and privacy needs.
The Norton antivirus has the ability to protect any device including PCs, smartphones, and tablets. To provide your various devices with malware detection that’s among the best, you have the option to transfer your Norton subscription license to other devices as well.
Step to Transfer Norton Service to a New Device
You might need to transfer your norton.com/setup service to a new device because the antivirus subscription comes with a limited number of licenses. If you have crossed the number limits for using your Norton license, then you might need to transfer one of your user license to a device on which you have never used it. To do this, follow the steps given below in this section and you will be successful at transferring your Norton service:
- First of all, sign in to your Norton account using the account credentials which includes your email address and password.
- Now, navigate to the “Device security” page and look for the device which you do not want to protect from Norton anymore.
(Note: You should note that the protected devices appear with the green status over it. In case you see that the device from which you want to remove the license has some other color over it, such as red, grey, or orange, then you may not be allowed to transfer its license).
- Click on the icon with three dots (ellipse), which you will find at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on “Manage License” from the menu that opens to carry forward the process.
- From the page that opens, click on “Remove Norton” which is present under “What would you like to do” tab. After this, hit the “Next” button to confirm your action of removing Norton.
- When the dialog box appears, click “Yes” to save changes.
- In this step, you have to tap on the “Install Now” option to start transferring your license.
- Here, you will be taken to the “Install on New Device” page. Select one of the following:
- Download- to install Norton on the current device that you are using
- Send Link- to transfer Norton service to a new device
- Once you make your selection, click “Next”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process of transferring the Norton service.
In case you are facing problems while transferring your Norton service to a new device, then you may seek expert assistance. To know more about Norton products and its license transferring policy, visit the norton.com/setup page.